Checkmate has been designed by developers and builders for developers and builders.
Executive Chairman Martin Horsler MSc FCIOB and Managing Director Paul Cooper FCIOB CEnv bring together extensive experience across the property development and house-building industry along with significant time together in the new home warranty market. This has ensured that Checkmate was designed with the customer firmly centre stage and to deliver an innovative and complete latent defects insurance package. Checkmate's underwriting partner is the International Insurance Company of Hannover SE, with whom we enjoy a mutually exclusive relationship.
Checkmate is a Designated Warranty Scheme under the Warranty Link Rule.
Checkmate has approval from mortgage lenders who between them lend 99.9% of UK residential mortgages, according to the Council of Mortgage Lender's figures published in 2010.
Checkmate Consumer Code for Builders of Homes for Sale (Code) is the "First & only" consumer code in the new homes market to have been approved by the Trading Standards Institute; click here to download a copy of the Code
Checkmate is proud to have been awarded the status of Chartered Building Consultancy by the CIOB and Chartered Insurance Broker by the CII.
Our Top 10 Playing Tips
- Online Membership Application - Fast, efficient and great value.
- Online Development Registration - Quick and easy, simply upload data from a spreadsheet.
- Online Account Management - Secure log-in to your account and developments.
- REDI Inspection Portal - Online, on demand risk management by digital images. No delays, reduces inherent defects, lowers remedial costs, improves your claims record, raises development standards and increases your profitability.
- Electronic Document Delivery - Automatic and instant delivery of policies and certificates to developers, buyers and solicitors speeding up completion times at the end of the month busy periods.
- Trading Standards Institute Approved Code - the Checkmate Consumer Code for Builders of Homes for Sale is the first & only consumer code to be approved by the TSI in the new homes and development sector; giving independent credibility and consumer confidence.
- Strategic Partner's Products - A carefully selected range of complimentary products and services delivered with bespoke terms to Checkmate members.
- New Generation Warranties - A range of innovative warranty policies offering clarity and cover options never seen before are always under continued development.
- Carbon Neutral Business - Checkmate is a low Carbon business in its design and operation. Its remaining carbon footprint has been offset through the purchase and retirement of VCS verified offset credits and in accordance with the British Standards Institute PAS2060 accreditation process.
- BY Developers & Builders - FOR Developers & Builders - Paul & Martin, the founders of Checkmate, along with the whole team, have a background in property, development and building. Checkmate has been designed and built from the ground up to meet the needs of our industry in the 21st century.
At Checkmate it is our intention to get things right at least 99% of the time and we are always looking for ways to improve our service to you. However please tell us if you do not receive the high level of service that you deserve. We cannot put things right if we do not know that we have got them wrong! Therefore, if you are ever unhappy about any element of our service please tell me personally and I will do everything possible to put a smile back on your face. Paul Cooper, Managing Director, 020 7933 0121, pc(at)checkmate.uk.com