Checkmate has been designed by developers and builders for developers and builders.
Joint Managing Directors Martin Horsler BSc FCIOB and Paul Cooper FCIOB bring together extensive experience across the property development and house-building industry along with significant time together in the new home warranty market. This has ensured that Checkmate was designed place the customer firmly centre stage and to deliver an innovative and complete latent defects insurance package.
Checkmate is a Designated Warranty Scheme under the Warranty Link Rule.
Checkmate has approval from mortgage lenders who between them lend 99.8% of UK residential mortgages, according to the Council of Mortgage Lender's figures published in 2010.
Checkmate is proud to have been awarded the status of Chartered Building Consultancy by the CIOB.
Our Top 10 Playing Tips
- Online Membership Application - Fast, efficient and great value
- Online Development Registration - Quick and easy, simply upload data from a spreadsheet
- Online Account Management - Secure log-in to your account and developments
- REDI Inspection Portal - Online, on demand risk management by digital images. No delays, reduces inherent defects, lowers remedial costs, improves your claims record, raises development standards and increases your profitability
- Electronic Document Delivery - Automatic and instant delivery of policies and certificates to developers, buyers and solicitors speeding up completion times at the end of the month busy periods
- New Home Sales Portal - Sophisticated online property search portal exclusively for new homes which are covered by a Checkmate warranty
- Strategic Partner's Products - A carefully selected range of complimentary products and services delivered with bespoke terms to Checkmate members
- New Generation Warranties - A range of innovative warranty policies offering clarity and cover options never seen before are currently under development
- Carbon Neutral Business - Checkmate is a low Carbon business in its design and operation. Its remaining carbon footprint has been offset through the purchase and retirement of VCS verified offset credits and in accordance with the British Standards Institute PAS2060 accreditation process.
- BY Developers & Builders - FOR Developers & Builders - Paul & Martin, the founders of Checkmate, along with the whole team, have a background in property, development and building and designed Checkmate to meet the needs of our industry in the 21st century.
Transferring a Development
Do you have a development which you would like to transfer to Checkmate? If so, then we would be delighted to discuss with you what we could do to help. For example, if you have a development registered with Zurich Building Guarantee and you would like to transfer it to Checkmate we understand Zurich Building Guarantee will refund at least some of the money you have already paid to them. In order to obtain a refund, Zurich will need you to return any Build Period or Insurance Certificates and they will refund the premium less an admin fee for each plot cancelled. Checkmate also understand that Zurich will refund the inspection fee less the cost of any inspections they have already carried out. Checkmate have a good relationship with Zurich Building Guarantee and can assist you in making the transfer quick and straighforward. In many cases we have been able to help you transfer the development to us with no additional cost over the refund which you will recieve from Zurich Building Guarantee.
Please call us on 020 7933 2626 to discuss in more detail your development and how we can help.
Checkmate will accept transfers from Zurich, or from any other warranty provider, subject to you becoming a member of Checkmate, a satisfactory inspection record for any work already covered and the payment of our premiums and fees for the project.
At Checkmate it is our intention to get things right at least 99% of the time and we are always looking for ways to improve our service to you. However please tell us if you don t not receive the high level of service that you deserve.
We cannot put things right if we do not know that we have got them wrong! Therefore, if you are ever unhappy about any element of our service please tell me personally and I will do everything possible to put a smile back on your face. Paul Cooper, Joint Managing Director, 020 7933 0121, pc(at)checkmate.uk.com